I am all about Social Media. Infusing digital brand dialogue’s secret sauce into creating a batch of Social Brand Action. While Social Media has many tentacles stretching across platforms such as twitter, google+, instagram, foursquare and more here are some tips I utilize when developing facebook campaigns.
YOUR BRAND + FACEBOOK
KEY THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Give people a reason to like your page
- Stay relevant and active
- Pictures say a thousand words – use them as conversation starters
- Run a Contest or Sweepstakes
- Celebrate your fans, make the experience rewarding
- Take advantage of facebook ads’ Sponsored Stories
- Remember facebook fans are a network – and an extension of your on-air network (connect your website and social media outlets)
- Use Events as drivers for everything brand related to activate your fans
• Pages like RedBull and LL BEAN do a great job of like-gating offering an email opt-in as well. This is great for connecting your web experience with facebook.
• It also create a visual presence on landing – make a splash.
Be A Part of Their Story
• Stay on topic
• Stay relevant
• Make your message cohesive using images, threads and contact with your fans
• Use the wall to jump start conversations and feed existing ones
• Contests can be simple – from a scary quiz, to a sweepstakes, to recognizing your top fan interaction.
• Offer up prizes to drive interaction and promote sharing of your page
Take Advantage of your fans
• A little goes a long way with facebook’s Sponsored Stories ad offering.
• Build relevance around a campaign by running a sponsored stories campaign in conjunction with on-air tent-poles
• Facebook Sponsored Stories Ads Have 46% Higher CTR, 18% Lower Cost Per Fan Says TBG Digital Test http://www.insidefacebook.com/2011/05/03/sponsored-stories-ctr-cost-per-fa/
ORGANIZE YOUR PAGE
Make a Great First Impression
• Control what your fans see when they come to the page
• Welcome new fans with a landing page that directs them to like you
• Get Creative
• Pick 5 relevant images to create a banner story
Organize Left Panel Topics
• Keep Videos and Pictures visible
• Highlight applications
• Incorporate Twitter
• Start a Discussion
• Connect other Fan pages
-KEY is order!
• Show Off Your Friends
• Pick up to 5 pages to feature here
• Add as many relevant fan pages to your own to connect with. This allows you to post as your page to their walls and attract new fans.